Work and Witness is all about connecting teams with needs. Take a look at our current projects and prayerfully consider where you and your church can make a difference.
This training center will be used for the coordination of the Border Initiative on the Mexico side of the border. This center will be first able to house a missionary that will be coordinating the work of the border initiative along the US/Mexico border, working together with the Border Initiative staff in El Paso, Texas. This center will also house groups that come to help plant church in Chihuahua as well house training sessions for volunteers as they work with the initiative. This is a key location as it is exactly in the middle of the border. Chihuahua is a secure location and is City of over 1 Million People.
The Nazarene Border Initiative is teaming up with the South Texas District to plant two churches in the city of Laredo, TX. The city is growing at record speeds as families and businesses are moving in from across the border in order to escape problems in Mexico. The Thrust to Laredo is an attempt to reach this new population with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In addition to evangelism and outreach, there is a small house church that is ready to build. Come and partner with us as we construct one church building and evangelize in order to start two more churches in other areas of this fast growing city.
We are excited about the growth happening in the northwest part of Mexico. Part of the need as growth comes, is to form the leaders and pastors fo the new churches. Although the Seminary in Tecate has been around for many years, they are starting with a new vision and a new plkan on expanding the seminary to be able to serve more students and to house them better.
- Painting inside and out.
- Replace deck posts from 4×4 to larger supports.
- Men’s dorm needs insulation and sheetrock.
- Shed/workshop needs to be built at the back of the property.
- Full kitchen remodel converting to commercial kitchen includes electrical, and plumbing.
- Girls dorm tear out tub and existing shower and install three showers and another toilet.
- Pool area needs redesigned. It needs a concrete slab laid on top.
- Handicap access to the main house. Includes removing a window replacing it with a door, building a ramp access. Smaller sink in bathroom with handicap rails in tub and on the wall.
- Court yard needs cleared of rocks, cement slab laid, outdoor barbecue constructed, benches built, string lights hung, potted plant garden started.
- Missionary house (Rodriguez mission House) needs outdoor eves repaired or replaced with some painting.
- Tree trimming.
- Irrigation ditch needs dug deeper and possible stone or cement lined to keep it in shape.